Monday, September 12, 2011

nobody warned us about Texas Tarantulas

You know how people say everything in Texas is BIGGER?  It's true.  Even the spiders.  Let us tell you a story....

Luke and Ellie were playing peacefully in our front "yard."

When suddenly, {intense music crescendo} enter...the Tarantula.


See the bricks, those are normal-sized bricks.  And that behemoth is 2 feet from our front door!



So Luke and I put on our battle helmets and warrior gear.


And we (I) beat it to a pulp.  Yes, those are guts spilled out on the ground.


Goodbye hairy beast!!!

I googled Texas Tarantula and it's for real.  When I told Jeannette that they make good house pets because they eat beetles and cockroaches, she replied, "But they will also eat our children!"  So we exterminated it.

2 comments:

  1. Nice. Way to use this as a moment for your boy to be a hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just made my day, thanks for the great story of triumph! Jeannette, that's exactly what I was thinking:)

    ReplyDelete