Saturday, September 18, 2010

YAHWEH

In the Hebrew Old Testament, the name of God was set apart as holy.  The best English attempt is Yahweh, translated as LORD in our Bibles.

Psalm 97:12
  Be glad in the LORD, you righteous ones, and give thanks to His holy name.

Isaiah 47:4
  Our Redeemer, the LORD of hosts is His name, the Holy One of Israel.

Ezekiel 39:7
  So I will make My holy name known in the midst of My people Israel, and I will not let them profane My holy name anymore. Then the nations shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

Revelation 15:4
  Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy. All nations shall come and worship before You.

We can worship God by name because he has adopted us as his children.  We can talk to God by name because he has purchased us for himself.  We can stand before God and speak his name with joy because Jesus has forgiven us.

Millions of people in Tanzania do not worship the one, true and living God, Yahweh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment