Sunday, July 21, 2013

Cobra vs. Night Guard



Tonight at 11:45pm we were sitting in our bed and we heard the dogs barking about something....usually no big deal.  But then we heard, "WHACK!  WHACK!" outside.  I ran to the window and saw my guard's flashlight scanning the ground. Suddenly my phone rang.  It was my guard.  In rapid, excited Swahili he said, "There's a big, big, snake...I killed it."

I ran outside to find this.....


a 5 foot (at least)  forest cobra...still twitching.  The guard told me the dogs spotted it first.  They were growling at it and trying to snap at it.  The guard, knowing that the cobra could easily take down my dogs, put the dogs in their kennel.  Then, after finding the perfect stick, the guard attacked the cobra and killed it.  Nice work!!!!  THIS is why we have guard dogs and night guards. 

Thank you, God, for keeping us safe.  Please protect our children as they play outside everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Rad! That looks like the one we killed at the Gilmores.

    ReplyDelete