Saturday, August 7, 2010

"my Bible is about Jesus"

I took Kara with me when I visited a sweet elderly woman from our church.  I told her we were going to read the Bible and pray.  Kara asked, "Daddy, do you have your Bible?"  "Yes," I said.  She joyfully announced, "my Bible is about Jesus!"

I'm so thankful that my daughter has the Bible in a language she can understand.  What breaks my heart is that over 350 million people around the world have no access to Scripture in their mother tongue, in the language of dreams and emotions.  There are over 6,900 known living languages spoken on earth today.  Of those, more than 2,200 do not have a single verse of Scripture.

The vision of Wycliffe Bible Translators is to see God's Word accessible to all people in the language of their heart.  Jeannette and I have caught that vision!

1 comment:

  1. We had such a great time talking about Wycliffe with you all!!!! What a blessing for us to be a part of this team.

    ReplyDelete