Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A taste of Africa - Fufu and Njama

The other day my wife took me on a surprise date. (and our friends were in town to watch the kids!)

We went to The African Village restaurant here in Dallas.



We enjoyed...
Njama njama which is sauteed spinach with tomatoes, onions and spices,
Fufu which is Ugali which is cornmeal mush,
Jollof rice which is rice with a spicy kick,
and Grilled chicken.



The food was fantastic!  We feel like we can survive Tanzania, now that we know about the food.

And the best part of the meal was NOT the live soccer game on the big screen TV (as much as I loved that!).  The best part of the meal was meeting the manager named Grace.  Grace moved here from Cameroon, West Africa.  I asked her what language she spoke in Cameroon and she replied, "my own language."  She said she spoke Moghamo and a dialect Menemo in Cameroon.  When I asked her if the Bible had been translated into those languages, she didn't think so.

THAT is why we are going to Tanzania.  We want Tanzanians to read the Bible in their own language and come to know Jesus in their own language.

No comments:

Post a Comment