Friday, July 29, 2011

"No Daddy, not new friends...more friends."

Last night Kara prayed, "God, please don't let our friends in Michigan forget about us."  I almost cried.  Then tonight, after spending time with some other kids, I asked Kara if she was excited about making new friends.  She replied, "No, Daddy, not new friends...more friends."

How does a 5 year old think so deeply?

Kara misses her "Michigan" friends dearly.  She talks about them, draws them pictures, and prays for them every night.  She doesn't want to replace those friends.  That's why she refuses to say "new friends."  Instead, she wants to keep the Michigan friends and simply add more friends.

Would you please pray for us as a family that God would provide "more friends" for us.  Our kids need good friends to play with and we need good friends to encourage and be encouraged, sharpen and be sharpened, etc.  Pray that we would also find a good church community to fellowship with.

1 comment:

  1. ah, this makes me want to cry! I absolutely know how little Kara is feeling... I am SO tired of saying goodbyes at this point (after having moved 4 times and into four new cultures and continents in the last two months) that it almost makes me not want to say more hellos! I love the concept of "more" and not "new!" Praying for you all during this time of transition! And if you think of me along the way, remember you're not alone in this struggle!

    ReplyDelete